Old 04-05-2005, 05:40 PM
Tumbleweed

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Emrys Davies" contains these words:

"Lilac bushes should be pruned and maintained each year for a
well-shaped healthy plant" and it gives the general impression that
pruning is necessary.

I've got a twelve-foot high lilac tree which probably hasn't been pruned
in thirty years, and it's covered in bloom. Likewise the one in the
hedge between me and next door, so pruning won't help it bloom, though
it might affect the size of the heads/bunches/wossnames.

I agree, I had one that very rarely got pruned at all, it seemed to flower
irrespective of what I did to it.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com