Old 04-05-2005, 10:28 PM
nanner

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
What kind of wood, paint? How much does it weigh? What's it held together
with? What's in the trunk of your car that you keep forgetting to bring
into the house? :-)

I used TufBoard 1x2's - I googled it but didn't find anything on it to share
and I already chucked the fact-sheet I brought home from Home Depot. It's a
PVC wood composite that won't absorb water and won't rot, warp, split or
crack. You can drill it, cut it and paint it like wood (easier really) It
came in white so I left it alone but I may go out and paint the cut edges
which reveal a light wood color.

I used exterior screws that won't rust and I only had to do a few screws on
the front when I assembled it. Almost all of it was done from the back.

It was very light, I assebled it in my living room in less than an hour then
carried it out the door on it's side. I am 5'3" and the trellis is 8'x6' so
you can imagine it was a funny sight.

I used doubled-up cut-off pieces of 1x2 as spacers to attach it to the shed.
Hope that's enough space.

If what the fact-sheet says about the tufboard is true I won't have to
replace the thing for a long time.

As for the trunk - I know it's a disaster but I can't quite remember what it
was I wanted to bring in...hmmm P~~~

The lattice under the shed is the vinyl stuff - it was so simple to work
with.

"nanner" wrote in message
news

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Nice trellis!

Thanks - it was fun and quick to make )

snipped

Wanna see the trellis I built? As you can see in the picture I have
shade
there part of the day.
http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/nanner2000/Trellis.jpg

the picture was right after i built it but before i centered it and
attached it. each plant is centered in front of the 2 ladder-type
sections. It's 8' x 6' I think I will put something decorative in the
top middle section

thanks all!