Old 05-05-2005, 02:35 AM
Bill Stock

"~Roy~" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 May 2005 21:03:54 -0400, "Bill Stock"
wrote:

===A few bulkhead questions.
===
===If I have a 1" bulkhead, will standard 1" PVC pipe slip fit the
bulkhead? I
===gather it will, as the elbow gizmo that came with the bulkhead fits
inside
===my PVC elbows. Although the bulkhead elbow fits the bulhead rather
loosely.
===
===Do I use standard PVC glue to join them or will Silicone do?
===

Is the elbow gizmo that came with the bulkhead fitting a street type
ell or regular ell? Street ells fit inside a common standard socket
type joint...If its a 1" bulkhead and made for use with PVC pipe and
not flexible tube etc, then it should fit. I would use PVC cement if
it is PVC bulkhead fitting and your installing PVC pipe into it.
Silicone is not the greatest when there is a solvent cement made for
that materials specific properties.

This is the part he

http://www.mops.ca/cgi-bin/SoftCart....9e4+1115258028

Apparently it is PVC, so the PVC glue should do the trick.

Thanks Roy.