Old 04-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Sacha

On 4/5/05 17:55, in article , "Janet
Baraclough" wrote:

The message
from Stephen Howard contains these words:

On Wed, 4 May 2005 09:12:09 +0100, "shazzbat"
wrote:

It's the old nature/nurture debate - and I decided to test it last
year with six courgette plants.

I provided two environments; one rich in well-rotted farmyard manure,
the other simply plain soil a suitable distance away.
I placed two courgette plants in each patch ( a suitable distance
apart ), all of the same variety.

I then selected one plant in each patch and marked it down for special
treatment and convivial banter. The remaining plants were selected for
verbal abuse.

Apparently the same experiment has been conducted daily on urg for
years past. Here are the results, leaked from a BBC memo from
Gardener's World to Home Truths:

"Gardeners on urg demonstrated that a varied diet of verbal
encouragement, convivial conversation, compost, sunshine, occasional
chills and digging, and small forkfulls of bull shit, produces hardy,
fertile stock and tasty reliable crops year after year.

Trolls on urg demonstrate the poor result of being ignored. Sowing
their own seed in the manner of Onan, they tend to germinate on top of
their own manure heap, then develop large empty heads which are not
worth harvesting They are stunted by the constant drip of toxic drivel
down their chins while verbally abusing others, and never flower.
Despite the application of large amounts of urea, they are a barren and
tasteless crop. Probably the result of failed genetic modification."

Janet.

Perfick. ;-) I once heard of someone with a budgie called Onan....
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)