Old 05-05-2005, 08:30 AM
Tim Tyler

Tumbleweed wrote or quoted:

Will be interesting to see how long it takes until they are as large as the
ones you saw. Are they bb's fast growers? I have a particular viburnum
(fantastic scent) that is incredibly slow growing so I'm not surprised when
I see it on sale at about ?20 for a small plant, mine has taken about 10
years to get to 3ft high.

I think viburnums can be a bit different.

Blueberrys are not necessarily /that/ steep. I bought a Blueberry bush
recently - from:

http://www.hedging.co.uk/acatalog/In..._23.html#10553

They have three varieties - for 3.75 UKP (plus postage) each - for a two
foot tall blueberry in my case. Big and cheap - IMO.

Not quite as cheap as the proposed "Sainsburys" approach - but you get a
grown plant - and can be confident that it's a reasonable cultivar.
--