Old 05-05-2005, 02:32 PM
Merle O'Broham

Thanks Pat. I gave 'em a rub yesterday and they are lightly scented.
Pheasant's Eye is exactly what they are.

Pat Kiewicz wrote:
Merle O'Broham said:

There are lots of varieties of similar daffodils in my neighborhood.
Some probably date back to the turn of the century. This one is
unscented. I guess I'd be happy just calling it a daffodil. Thanks.
I'll google some daffodil pages.

I did some more googling, too, and found that there are varieties
of Poet's daffodils that are scentless. So maybe you can still call

it
that...

BTW- it's funny- I'm always in the garden digging, planting, moving
whatever, and this is maybe my 3rd or 4th year with the gardening

bug.
Now my neighbors are coming to *me* for advice.(!) I feel reluctant
giving an 80 yr old advice about Lilly of the Valley or whatever.
Flattering, though. .02

If you *look like* you know what you are doing, people will assume

that
you *do* know...
--
Pat K. ('someplace.net' is comcast)