Old 05-05-2005, 02:21 PM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
Steve Calvin wrote:

What's the best way to store them for a few days and how long should
they last? In a bag, open air, refrig, counter?

Eat 'em fresh.
They don't keep long. You can freeze them for cooking applications.

If you like them over cake or ice cream, you can also brandy them, or
use various mixes of alcohol.

Last time I put up a quart of sliced ones, I added about 2" of
blackberry wine to the bottom of the jar, then topped it off with
everclear.

I clean and slice them to do this. They will keep practically forever in
alcohol, and the alcohol picks up the strawberry flavor. These are
especially good served over pound cake with a bit of whipped cream. ;-d
--
Om.