Old 05-05-2005, 04:13 PM
Shane

Thanks Steveo, I forgot to ask if I should fertilize my new sod that I layed
down 3 weeks ago with PLUS 2 or should i use something not as strong?

Shane

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Shane" wrote:
Hey Everyone,

I have a few quick questions, going to apply fertilizer this week its
been 6 weeks since I applied the Scotts Crab Grass fertilizer. (btw, i
have moslty kentucky blue grass and maybe some rye/fescue)

Question #1) Is 6 weeks to long between a application, should i do ever

4
weeks?

6 weeks is perfect.

Question #2) Scotts.com says to apply PLUS 2 from May1-Jul1, so if my
next application is May 7th do I need to do another application of PLUS

2
in 6 weeks June 18th?

Not unless you still have lots of weeds. You can buy a pump up sprayer
and some weed-b-gone and just spot treat your undesirables if there's
not too many. 1.5 ounces per gallon of water. Just spray to wet the
weeds, run-off is excessive spray and wasteful.

If you still have too many weeds to tackle with a pump-up, you could
use the weed n feed as a blanket application.

Neither one of those products has any weed prevention value, they only
kill the existing weeds. Sounds like a judgment call, Shane.

Question #3) I have never done the summerguard is this new and what are
the benifets of using this instead of turf builder?

Thanks in advance.

Shane

Is summergaurd a retail grub prevention, or a surface insect control.