Old 05-05-2005, 03:35 PM
BetsyB

My tomatoes got caught the same way and I snipped off the wilted leaves and
now have few leaves but many flowers on them? Can't hurt.
"Jenny" wrote in message
For the past fives weeks I've been raising 6 flats worth of dahlias, half
from seed, half from last year's roots which I've saved and the rest new
ones I bought this year. I've been taking them out onto my deck in the
morning and bringing them in every night. Sad to report, a major family
crisis flared up yesterday right before dinnertime and the dahlias got
forgotten outside. Naturally, we had our first frost in weeks.

Now three quarters of the dahlias of both types have limp leaves.

My question is this: is there any hope for the frosted plants or do they
go into the compost? And what about the ones that don't seem to show
obvious damage. Are they goners too?

I'm way more bummed out than I like to be. I've put SO much energy into
these plants and they were huge and gorgeous until this morning.