Old 05-05-2005, 05:15 PM
~Roy~

Bill.....
After looking at the bulkhead fitting you have, it may or may not be
made to the diameter of the standard size of PVC pipe. I see they
supply trheir own elbow fitting that fits inside the bulkhead fitting
and adapts to a hose connection barb. Sometimes these will be
sufficiently close enough in the indise diameter to utilize standard
PVC pipe, sometimes not, and this is why your piece of PVC pipe has a
bit of play. I think that PVC cement will do the job, if the play is
not really very sloppy. Are you intending to use the supplied adapter
ell or regular PVC pipe? Whichever you choose, just coat both pieces
well and allow to set a bit longer than normal so the glue has more
chance to swellup the PVC material and make a better joint if there is
any small space, it should swellup and make a seal. Thats one reason
typical PVC sockets are not actually the same inside diameter at the
bottom of the socket as it is at the top, as it gives a bit of PVC
material to exude backwards and make a closer fit with the exuded
material I have sucessfully glued joints that were real sloppy and
they held fine.....

Regards

Roy

On Wed, 4 May 2005 21:35:19 -0400, "Bill Stock"
wrote:

===
==="~Roy~" wrote in message
. net...
=== On Wed, 4 May 2005 21:03:54 -0400, "Bill Stock"
=== wrote:
===
======A few bulkhead questions.
======
======If I have a 1" bulkhead, will standard 1" PVC pipe slip fit the
===bulkhead? I
======gather it will, as the elbow gizmo that came with the bulkhead fits
===inside
======my PVC elbows. Although the bulkhead elbow fits the bulhead rather
===loosely.
======
======Do I use standard PVC glue to join them or will Silicone do?
======
===
===
=== Is the elbow gizmo that came with the bulkhead fitting a street type
=== ell or regular ell? Street ells fit inside a common standard socket
=== type joint...If its a 1" bulkhead and made for use with PVC pipe and
=== not flexible tube etc, then it should fit. I would use PVC cement if
=== it is PVC bulkhead fitting and your installing PVC pipe into it.
=== Silicone is not the greatest when there is a solvent cement made for
=== that materials specific properties.
===
===This is the part he
===
===http://www.mops.ca/cgi-bin/SoftCart....9e4+1115258028
===
===Apparently it is PVC, so the PVC glue should do the trick.
===
===Thanks Roy.
===
===
=== Put some color in your cheeks...garden naked!
===