Old 05-05-2005, 10:44 PM
Vox Humana

wrote in message
ups.com...
Asolutely no mulch volcanoes around trees and shrubs unless you own a
Wal-Mart parking lot and then it is expected.

You must not live in my region. Mulch volcanoes are considered a status
symbol and a sure sign that you are a skilled gardener! Most of the people
in my neighborhood garden by the cubic foot. Every year the trucks roll up
and dump yards of much in driveways. Other people have a few skids of
bagged mulch delivered. When I mention to people that volcano mulching is
contraindicated, they look at me like I am from Mars. Mulch volcanoes have
replaced used tire planters around here. A guy a few doors up the street
just had a tree removed. They had the stump ground out and planted a very
small tree where the stump was. All the chips from the stump are piled
around the tree, making a volcanoes that is about 18 inches high. At least
he had the stump removed. Most people are cutting down their trees and
leaving two to three foot high stumps in the front yard.