Old 06-05-2005, 02:25 AM
JC

Default Dried, brown azaleas

Hello,

I planted 2 azaleas last spring and they looked healthy all year. After the
snow melted this spring, the vast majority of both bushed appeared dry and
brown. I have a few green leaves near the bottom with some flowers
beginning to bud. I'm not sure of the root cause (thinking I let the plants
get too dry late in the season). Once an azalea reaches this state (dried
and brown), is there a way to nurse them back to health or would I be better
off replacing them?

I'm in zone 5, planted in partial sun (afternoon) as a foundation planting.

Thanks in advance.