Old 06-05-2005, 02:27 AM
patg

I used to have a Sears mower. Did the same thing. Stuck fuel float on
mine.
Being too cheap to replace the float I used a special lawnmower rock.
A couple of taps on the fuel bowl keep the thing running for years.

The fuel float controls the amount of fuel going to the mower.
It's located in the fuel bowl. That's the thingy right before the carb.

Kinda looks like a kids teacup. Float is more than likely a little sticky.

Anywho, haven't been posting for the past couple of years, hope everyone is
well.

patg
roadkill001(at)yahool(dot)com
patsporch(dot)com

Many carb problems can be solved by adding a bottle of carb cleaner to the
gas. The more concentrated, the better, as long as there's still enough
gas
in the mix to run.

This is especially applicable to problems that occur at the beginning of a
mowing season, after the engine was sitting all winter.

-- spud_demon -at- thundermaker.net
The above may not (yet) represent the opinions of my employer.