Old 05-05-2005, 09:48 PM
Loki

il 4 May 2005 09:40:17 -0700, wrote:

Hi - in the UK, I have a Tahiti (Persian) Lime in a pot on the kitchen
windowsill plenty of afternoon sun - It's in citrus soil ( well
draining mix) and is watered every 1-2 days, basically when the medium
feels dry. I am feeding with citrus fertilizer twice a month. Any idea
why leaves have been dropping recently and I'm not seeing any flowers
or fruit this year? This is the second year I've had the plant, and
I've had very little fruit at all so far. What might I be doing wrong?
Any ideas? Crossposted to rec.gardens.
Thanks for any ideas,
Mike

I have a lime in a pot too but mine sits out on the porch as it is
far too big to sit on a windowsill. Check your plant doesn't need a
bigger pot. When you feed it, is it a liquid feed or grains?, cos
twice a month can be a lot. They also like about 50% humidity. Your
windowsill could be getting too hot. Aren't you in spring? Maybe
yours is still young?

Leaves yellow and drop because they are either too dry, too wet, too
much fertilizer, too little fertilzer, no iron (also affected by
cold), or no magnesium. Always a problem trying to work out which it
is, if not all. Good luck!

--
Cheers,