Old 05-05-2005, 10:57 PM
~Roy~

I have seen them that were able to be used for a socket joint, or a
thread joint......I do not know what kind of threads the one that Bill
has it may not be a pipe thread at all and perhaps just imperial
threads or metric straight threads which would not match pipe threads.
I have a feeling it may be non pipe threads as it references aquarium
use. The BH fittings that are sold at West marine, and the local
plumbing supply here in town vary in style. Some have external pipe
threads and some have internal pipe threads, and some are socket, and
a few even have external and internal pipe threads......Some even have
pipe threads and hose barb on the same BH fitting........so I guess it
would be safe to assume a BH fitting can be any number of
variations.....

On Thu, 5 May 2005 13:10:52 -0400, "Gale Pearce"
wrote:

===
=== After looking at the bulkhead fitting you have, it may or may not be
=== made to the diameter of the standard size of PVC pipe.
===
===Hi Roy, Bill - Don't all bulkhead fittings come threaded so they will make a
===watertight seal with whatever type of fitting you choose (hose barb, elbow
===etc) I have never seen the type you guys are talking about
=== On second thought, why wouldn't you use one that is threaded for
===connections instead of relying on cement or silicone to make them
===watertight? - a 1" bulkhead fitting is only ~$7 Can
=== JMO Gale :~)
===