Old 06-05-2005, 12:28 AM
Bill Stock

"~Roy~" wrote in message
Bill.....
After looking at the bulkhead fitting you have, it may or may not be
made to the diameter of the standard size of PVC pipe. I see they
supply trheir own elbow fitting that fits inside the bulkhead fitting
and adapts to a hose connection barb. Sometimes these will be
sufficiently close enough in the indise diameter to utilize standard
PVC pipe, sometimes not, and this is why your piece of PVC pipe has a
bit of play. I think that PVC cement will do the job, if the play is
not really very sloppy. Are you intending to use the supplied adapter
ell or regular PVC pipe? Whichever you choose, just coat both pieces
well and allow to set a bit longer than normal so the glue has more
chance to swellup the PVC material and make a better joint if there is
any small space, it should swellup and make a seal. Thats one reason
typical PVC sockets are not actually the same inside diameter at the
bottom of the socket as it is at the top, as it gives a bit of PVC
material to exude backwards and make a closer fit with the exuded
material I have sucessfully glued joints that were real sloppy and
they held fine.....

Regards

Roy

I plan to use the barb on the outside of the filter and PVC on the inside of
the filter (flowerpot). The bulkhead is socketed on both sides.