Old 05-05-2005, 09:27 PM
Sacha

On 5/5/05 20:58, in article ,
"Ford Prefect" wrote:

Anyone had problems ordering from them?
I ordered some plants that went missing in the post I contacted them
and I was told I had to claim from the Post Office and that was that,
I wasn't going to say anything to anyone online until I spoke to a
very good nursery I go to who couldn't believe that Rare Plants didn't
replace the plants straight away or at least offer an alternative.
I think it's called customer service or something like that!
Ford.

One of the reasons we won't do mail order. ;-( If they'd replaced your
plants they'd have been out of pocket twice, for the plants and for the
postage. Without knowing more about their set up, it's impossible to make a
judgment but I do know that their stock is rare and expensive. I've bought
from them myself in the past and to be fair, had no problems.
That said, if they have some arrangement with the PO or some receipt of
postage, they are the ones to sort it out.
After some real begging and pleading last year, we sent a Paulownia to a
customer - something we never do normally - and naturally, it got delayed in
the post and arrived looking half dead. When he rang to say so, we tore up
his cheque and told him to keep the plant and try to revive it, hoping for
the best. Whatever happened, we were the losers and we hope most genuinely
that he gained. But it was a lesson to us never to bend our own rule again.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk