Old 05-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Pam Moore

On Thu, 05 May 2005 17:49:58 GMT, "keith ;-\)"
wrote:

Check the depth of the plant like others have said,this is the only reason I
can think of .

It seems to be an accepted thing that peonies will not flower if
planted too deep. My son and his wife moved into a house with a lovely
white one by the front wall. In the winter of 2003/4 t my son took up
the front lawn to make room for 2 cars to park, and piled the turf up
by the wall. I said he might have killed the peony but it flowered
well last summer, with still about 10 inches of turf/loam on top.
Again this year it is already in flower.
There's always an exception!

Pam in Bristol