Old 06-05-2005, 03:57 AM
David Trudgett

Default Recently planted valencia orange tree not doing well

About two months ago, I bought a valencia orange tree from a local
nursery and planted it in the back yard. Since then, it not only has
shown no signs of growth, but the leaves have also started to turn
yellow and fall off. There are no visible pests on the plant.

I've been soak watering once a week as per the suggestion on the tag
that came with it. It has also received cow manure fertiliser and even
some liquid fertiliser.

I have noticed some black ant activity around the tree, and wondered
if that could affect its health (if they have colonised the root
system, for instance).

I'm assuming, of course, that leaf yellowing and falling off is not
something normally to be expected!

At the moment, I am just crossing my fingers and hoping it will
recover. Any suggestions as to what might be the cause would be
appreciated, especially if something can be done about it!

David

--

David Trudgett
http://www.zeta.org.au/~wpower/

As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.