Old 06-05-2005, 07:48 AM
sam-boy

On Thu, 05 May 2005 19:58:00 GMT, Ford Prefect
wrote:

Anyone had problems ordering from them?
I ordered some plants that went missing in the post I contacted them
and I was told I had to claim from the Post Office and that was that,
I wasn't going to say anything to anyone online until I spoke to a
very good nursery I go to who couldn't believe that Rare Plants didn't
replace the plants straight away or at least offer an alternative.
I think it's called customer service or something like that!
Ford.

I regularly sell plants via many methods, but visually you can see the
feedback for those sold via Ebay (with over 500 sales), and I have
nearly 100% delivery via RM
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfrppZ5...ZgrayQ5fba le

I have only had 2 'non delivered' items.
1 - 2 packets of seeds were sent out in the same envelope, only 1
packet arrived.
2 - Item plant not delivered.

In both instances I replaced FOC even thou I was not 100% sure of non
delivery.

However if 'non delivery' goes above an acceptable amount, I would
have to decline offering replacement or money back. As the customer is
always made aware prior to order, that all items are sent out non
insured and entirely at customers risk. However Proof of Posting is
always requested at RM.

If there is a non delivery, I scan the Proof of Posting and email that
to the customer, as its the customers responsibility to track the
parcel down.

Commerically the customer owns the goods as soon as all monies have
been recieved and cheques cleared and the goods have been handed over
to a 3rd party ie RM, unless otherwise agreed.