Old 05-05-2005, 07:31 PM
r m watkin

Hi All,
reoly at the end.
"The Cook" wrote in message
David wrote:

I went out to the garden this morning to cut some end of season kale to
bring to some co-workers and discovered they had a sizable infestation
of whitefly. I had checked these same plants on Sunday and they were
fine. So, I think I've caught this at the beginning. I've pulled all the
kale and started spraying everything close by with Safer. What else can
I be doing?

Anyone have any good ORGANIC ways of dealing with whitefly?

David

According to the Rodale "Color Handbook of Garden Insects" the natural
control is to dust with tobacco dust or spray with tobacco tea.

--
Susan N.

tobacco of any kind is not a good idea. it was used in the Victorian age, it
will kill all insects including the good ones. and all so it was found to be
detrimental to the gardeners who had to use it. and that is why it fell in
to disuse. hope this helps you.

Richard M. Watkin.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent

indignation, and 50 percent envy."