Old 06-05-2005, 09:45 AM
Sacha

On 6/5/05 9:35 am, in article
, "Martin Pentreath"
wrote:

I'm a complete novice at this. I put a new climbing rose (Bridge of
Sighs) into my garden about three weeks ago. It's in a fairly sunny
spot, a corner facing south east. I put some rotted manure into the
soil and I've been watering it just about every day since and I've
given it a dose of Miracle Gro as well. However, the upper shoots have
gone droopy like my house plants do when I forget to water them. I
think I've been giving it plenty of water, could there be something
else I'm doing wrong?

Too much water, perhaps! How much manure and how well rotted? And what type
- horse, cow, chicken? It IS possible to 'burn' the roots of plants with
too much.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)