Old 06-05-2005, 12:45 PM
griz

Phil L wrote:

Ford Prefect wrote:
:: Anyone had problems ordering from them?
:: I ordered some plants that went missing in the post I contacted
:: them and I was told I had to claim from the Post Office and that
:: was that, I wasn't going to say anything to anyone online until I
:: spoke to a very good nursery I go to who couldn't believe that
:: Rare Plants didn't replace the plants straight away or at least
:: offer an alternative.
:: I think it's called customer service or something like that!
:: Ford.

I see, so you were told to contact Royal Mail whose fault it was, refused to
do so and now want to moan about it....I'm not surprised your local nursery
were badmouthing Rare Plants, they obviously don't want you to shop there,
it's called customer poaching.

Rare Plants must send out thousands of plants per month via RM, do you think
you are the first person not to recieve something? - get in touch with RM,
they can reimburse you, RP can not, and should not.

Whaaat? No way, Rare Plants are definitely the ones that should take
action.

They should ship the replacements and they, NOT the customer should claim
against Royal Mail. It's their problem, NOT the customer's. They are the
ones who posted the plants, so they have the paperwork to prove they have
done it.

If you buy something, you enter into a contract - the customer paid, they
did not deliver the goods, they are in breach.

As a customer you could probably claim with RM if something arrives
damaged, but it's probably more difficult if it doesn't arrive at all. But
why should you as a customer have to go through any hassle at all? The
supplier should sort it out with RM after they resent you replacements or
refunded you.

I don't know what amounts are involved and how the payment was made, but I
would be furious no matter what amount. If you paid by credit card, you
can actually call the cc company, they will refund you the money and take
it back from Rare Plants (they are called chargebacks, the credit card
company can ask the supplier to prove they fulfilled the order). If you
paid by cheque, write a letter threatening legal action if they don't give
you refund or replacement within 7 days. As a consumer you have rights,
don't let them fob you off.

Griz