Old 06-05-2005, 02:08 PM
Chris Bacon

Mike wrote:
shazzbat wrote:
"Chris Bacon" wrote...
I'm thinking of growing some runner beans up a 6' 6" featherboard
fence, that runs north-south, on the eastern side. What chance of
success is there, not only from just growing, but also producing?

Excellent. Especially with a trellis or net support, plenty of manure if
poss, and plenty of water, particularly once they start flowering.

I would be very much inclined to put some more support up, either in the
form of a trellis, or a net on further uprights. A 'wall of beans' with a
heavy crop can be very heavy.

I hope so! I was thinking of stretching some wire through the holes
in the concrete posts. This would give four horizontal supports - I
don't know whether that would be enough, though.