Old 06-05-2005, 02:29 PM
Chris Bacon

Mike wrote:
Well you would need some vertical ones, or canes, for the plants to climb
up.

Perhaps I can intersperse some of my dried-up sunflower stalks.

Word of warning re the wire. Make sure it is plastic coated as plain wire
can get very hot and burn the plants. Plastic covered steel wire as used on
washing lines would do, but not electrical cable, this is a copper conductor
and will stretch.

I've got some of that plastic-covered stuff that is used along the
top of chain-link fences, will try that, thanks.

I'm going to use some seed from last years crop, "enorma", and perhaps
mix in some Scarlet Emperor or Painted Lady. How many "generations" is
the seed likely to be good for?