Old 06-05-2005, 03:09 PM
bb2004

Default Horsepower question

Ready to take the plunge and buy my first lawn tractor, adn I think we have
decided on the White Outdoor brand.

My question though, is what exactly is the practical difference between two
models where the only discernable benefit is an added 1.0 HP?

For instance, I can get the 42" cut, 17.5 HP White Outdoor for $999. The
42", 18.5 HP model retails for $1,199. This seems to apply to most other
models I have looked into as well. (Poulan, Craftsman, etc.)

With all other things being equal, which they appear to be from the specs I
have seen, is the 1.0 HP bump really worth an extra $200?

FYI: My lot is a pretty regularly shaped 1.1 acre lot with a dozen or so
trees to be manueverd around...

thanks in advance

mike