Old 06-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Trish Brown

james dawson wrote:
Hi,

A friend is wanting to contain a lemon in a pot.

Space is limited, so he is looking for the following:

1. min. size pot
2. variety of lemon

Thanks in advance

Jamesd

I've had a Eureka lemon in a 30cm pot since Mother's Day 1995. It has
had many flowers but just one (1) lemon. I think that's because I
neglect it rather more than I should, though. With regular watering and
feeding, I'm sure my lemon tree would bear fruit quite prolifically!

I reckon you could keep a Eureka (Lisbon) lemon going quite nicely in
one of those big plastic nursery pots, provided you watered it
appropriately (good, deep mulch would help) and fed it occasionally.
Mine is a very pretty specimen tree and lives happily beside my ginkgo,
which has also been neglected shamefully in its pot!

--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, Australia