Old 06-05-2005, 06:09 PM
Rusty Mase

On Fri, 06 May 2005 10:21:00 -0500, Not Telling
wrote:

........Is there a city ordinance about fences? Do you put it right
on your property line?

The ordinance addresses height and possibly some materials I think,
but not where you locate it. For that, you should always put it far
enough within your property to maintain it. At least 4 inches to be
safe, maybe closer with chain link. That way it is your fence and if
the neighbor messes with it you can stop it but that could become a
legal issue.

................... The fence is just the tip of the iceburg with
the problems with the neighbor.

Good fences make good neighbors? Not always the case unfortunately
and I am sorry to hear of your problem. But like Victoria says, if
you move, it could be worse.

Rusty Mase
Austin, Texas