Old 06-05-2005, 04:07 PM
Kathy

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
On Thu, 05 May 2005 16:38:50 -0400, Michael Shaffer
wrote:

It looks like this:
http://www.adbio.com/images/algae/st...t-14k-shad.jpg

Yes, a picture is worth a thousand words. Had to laugh when I saw it.

String algae has it time and place, imo, rake it off when it forms a matt
and leave the rest alone, Praise be that you don't have suspended algae
instead. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

THE POND IS CLEAR!!!!! new ponders here, first one we did out in the yard.
It did the spring thing, very algae green, and like magic the last 3 days it
has cleared up. If I didn't see it myself I would never thought such a green
swamp looking water pond would ever be so clear, we can see the bottom! WOW!
Mother nature is interesting! Thank you to all here who have left much
helpful info. KathyAZ