Old 06-05-2005, 05:07 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Chris Bacon contains these words:

I would be very much inclined to put some more support up, either in the
form of a trellis, or a net on further uprights. A 'wall of beans' with a
heavy crop can be very heavy.

I hope so! I was thinking of stretching some wire through the holes
in the concrete posts. This would give four horizontal supports - I
don't know whether that would be enough, though.

Agricultural fencing wire would be quite good enough. My row is
supported on two hanging basket brackets with a length of 1" square wood
to hang the net from.

The trick is to pick the beans...

....Oh, and before they get stringy. What aren't eaten fresh, I salt, and
freeze the rest.

Tip: blanch them and freeze them with some of the water from the
blanching - they don't freeze-dry at all that way.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/