Old 06-05-2005, 06:15 PM
Sacha

On 6/5/05 3:49 pm, in article ,
"ClarissaGG" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 6/5/05 3:22 pm, in article ,
"ClarissaGG" wrote:

I wonder if someone can advise me please?

Depending on how large the area is, is it feasible to have the pond and
beds
and then pave the rest?

Well we could, but there's already a gravel drive alongside the garden so it
would be nice to have some more greenery.

You could still have that in pots and tubs, half-barrels, raised brick
planters, old sinks, stone troughs etc. Or you could clear certain areas of
stones, feed those bits of the soil and do 'pocket planting' in among the
paving. Some of the lower growing herbs are beautiful when done this way
because as you walk past them and brush against them they release their
scents. As the ground is stony it may well be that it's sharply drained so
depending on where you live (which it would help us to know) you could grow
things like the many varieties of Salvias or have a low Rosemary hedge up
the side of your drive. Think of this as an opportunity and not a problem
and just think - no grass mowing! Yes, I know - I'm a very unconvincing
Pollyanna!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk