Old 07-05-2005, 01:15 AM
Jim Elbrecht

Default Blood Meal vs Nitrate of Soda

I hadn't tested the soil in my veggie garden in years, so I bought one
of the little test kits at my local garden center.

It gave me the ounces/100 sq ft. of the NPK that I needed. No
problem on the phopsphorous or potash-- but it gave the ounces/100sq'
for the nitrogen in ouncs of Nitrate of Soda. [16%] My garden
center didn't have Nitrogen in *any* form-- so I ended up at Walmart
on the way home & they had blood meal [12%].

Will that release nitrogen just like the Nitrate of Soda? I'm
thinking that I need to use 33% more of it, right?

Thanks,
Jim