Old 07-05-2005, 02:02 AM
nina

I could do that - watering via drip would probably be easier.

Is there a special variety that's good for trellising? How do I get
them started on their upward growth?

Here (Puerto Rico) They sell small ones in hanging baskets. But the
large ones grow VERY tall. I think I have one on my site....

http://dirtythoughts.ninaloca.net/photos2/IM004480.JPG
The big pink thing is a Bvillea (aka Trinitaria)

http://dirtythoughts.ninaloca.net/photos2/IM004478.JPG

http://dirtythoughts.ninaloca.net/photos2/IM004479.JPG

This one is about 12 feet tall, not including the part hanging over the
wall.

They seem to have no problem at all climbing, its that they do. They
are woody and dont requite support but I suppose can be tied somehow to
a trellis. I see them along fences here. But it seems that the
structure would have to be quite strong.
HTH a little
Nina