Old 07-05-2005, 12:16 AM
~Roy~

Surely you do not think anyone else could not easily put PONDS in the
subject line , thereby effectily getting past any filters invoked.
Filters are a joke, as they are much to easy to get around. In this
neck of the woods we usually eliminate the problem or
source........and being on this forum since 1996 is still not a
criteria for having any special or given rights than one person who
joins in today does............

On Fri, 06 May 2005 22:55:03 GMT, "George"
wrote:

===
==="Nomen Nescio" wrote in message
===news:c13669ef9af3a8deb93c30c5f54f027b@dizum. com...
===
===
===
=== Post any problem you may be having under another header.
=== We have a lot of talented and knowledgeable people who post
=== here and they can solve just about any problem.
=== In fact we talk about anything!
=== religion
=== spanish class
=== flame wars
=== 10 year old vendettas
===
=== Thanks to Carol; she did a nasty thing on ARJ-W, we all have to pay
===
===
=== Here is a Pond 101 page for new pond keepers ~
=== http://hometown.aol.com/ka30pig/*myhomepage/garden.html
===
===
=== kathy :-)
=== www.blogfromthebog.com
=== this week ~ flamewaring pigs like reel mckoi
===
===
===There is a solution to the flame wars and all the spam. Other newsgroups use a
===method that seems to work well. For instance, if you post to
===alt.binaries.pictures.astro (a newsgroups for amatuer astronomers who want to
===share their astrophotographs), you are requested to post "astro:" at the
===beginning of the subject line. Then everyone, by mutual agreement, creates a
===messege filter in their newsreader that filters out any post that doesn't have
==="astro:" in the subject line. Why can't we all agree to put "PONDS:" in our
===subject line when posting and then simply filter out any messege that doesn't
===include "PONDS:"? I think we should include this in the FAQ, and ask everyone
===to do this. It might not filter out all of it, but it certainly should help get
===rid of a lot of it. And it might take a while to catch on, but if we all agree
===to it, and remind people to do it when posting, it might alleviate some of the
===crap. What say all???
===