Old 07-05-2005, 07:17 AM
len gardener

g'day mk,

well mate i can assure you they don't build 'em like that any more
might be lucky to get 6 years nowadays provided you buy top of the
range but anyway, that aside 2 strokes are on their way out the door
according to the epa.

for me it's always been 4 strokes the only criteria to help decide is
if your lawn is basically level not steep not steep banks then a 4
stroke if not by a 2 stroke.

that's from an old mower mechanic and all

len

On Sat, 7 May 2005 11:43:52 +1000, "MK"
wrote:

Hi,

I think my 1977 Victa Charger 2 stroke has just about given up the ghost
after mowing what must be about 600 good sized suburban lawns over nearly 30
years.

I'm leaning towards replacing it with another Victa 2 stroke, but there seem
to be a lot of 4 stroke mowers on the market these days, including Victa
models.

Anyone have a recommendation on 2 stroke vs 4 stroke and a particular
odel - I don't want self propelled or anything fancy - it's just for mowing
my 24 perch suburban house block every few weeks.

Priorities are easy starting and minimal maintenance.

Thanks,

MK

--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.