Old 07-05-2005, 11:29 AM
MK

"len gardener" wrote in message
g'day mk,

well mate i can assure you they don't build 'em like that any more
might be lucky to get 6 years nowadays provided you buy top of the
range but anyway, that aside 2 strokes are on their way out the door
according to the epa.

for me it's always been 4 strokes the only criteria to help decide is
if your lawn is basically level not steep not steep banks then a 4
stroke if not by a 2 stroke.

that's from an old mower mechanic and all

len

Cheers Len,

With the 2 stroke Victa, I've only ever replaced the blades, air filter, and
spark plug every couple of years. It may have had one or two services when
my parents owned it early on in its life, but I've never had it services in
the past 8 years or so.

What extra maintenance do I need to do for a 4 stroke - do I need to do oil
changes / oil filters / etc??

MK