Old 07-05-2005, 11:41 AM
George

"~Roy~" wrote in message
Surely you do not think anyone else could not easily put PONDS in the
subject line , thereby effectily getting past any filters invoked.
Filters are a joke, as they are much to easy to get around. In this
neck of the woods we usually eliminate the problem or
source........and being on this forum since 1996 is still not a
criteria for having any special or given rights than one person who
joins in today does............

No, I don't suggest that it is the end-all solution. That has to come from the
ISPs and/or the person doing the flaming. Besides this Jabriol person and a few
others (I particularly blame anyone who knowingly responds to the flaming),
there is the normal spam that comes around. If everyone agrees to use "PONDS:"
in their subject line, and writes a messege rule that excludes all others, at
least part of the problem is solved, because most annonymous mailers (and most
flamebots) won't know to include this in the subject line. And I completely
agree that it doesn't matter how long someone has been a subscriber to a
newsgroup. It is one's behavior that counts. So, just to let everyone know in
advance. I plan to post using "PONDS:" in the subject line. If you want to
respond to me, and expect that I will see it, you know what to do. Because I
will no longer respond to anyone who doesn't have it in the subject line. And I
may not, even then. I'm simply fed up with such childish, inappropriate use of
newsgroup that is supposed to be dedicated to such a great topic. GOD HAS
SPOKEN!