Old 07-05-2005, 08:54 PM

Each city has its own ordinances about fences. Also special subdivisions,
such as gated communities, communities built around golf courses, etc.,
can have special rules of their own that they police from their own
subdivision office -- which can be more strict than the local ordinances.

Some cities require a permit to build a fence and, naturally, the inspection
office can give you a list of the requirements and limitations they will
expect you to comply with.

So, cutting to the chase here -- the answer is that the rules in your
location
are the rules in your location; and your city permits and inspections office
will provide that info. So just look them up in the telephone directory, or
call your city information office. (Or, if you are outside the city limits,
whatever political subdivision you live in -- county, parish, or whatever,
will provide the info you need.

"Not Telling" wrote in message
Hi all,

I am sure I am posting in the wrong place, but you gotta start somewhere.
Is there a city ordinance about fences? Do you put it right on your
property line? I built and paid for the fence, does your neighbor have any
rights to the fence, ie: leaning things against it, spraying your plants
with weed killer through the fence, other things too numerous to mention.
The fence is just the tip of the iceburg with the problems with the
neighbor. I am sure I will get the advice to move...believe me it has
crossed my mind.

thanks...happy gardening