Old 10-02-2003, 10:55 PM
Gareth Wills

Default Oerstedella centradina care

"Barra" wrote in message
While buying a D. kingianum yesterday I also got a small stem of

Oerstedella
centradenia that lay on the floor as a present. It is one stem with some
leaves and a few flowers and one thicker root. How do I make this one stem
survive?

Barra

My wife like the "dainty", small orchids. This is one of them. Our plants

do very well under a variety of conditions. The light is high cattleya
light; mix is med bark with sponge rock and coconut dust. I have one mounted
on bark also (include some spaghnum). It grows slower. I'm not sure it likes
it as well. Lower phal light doesn't stop blooming although the plants grow
a little taller. The one thick root will hold the plant well in place. Give
it a 4" pot to start. Those thick roots will go everywhere in a short time
if it's happy.
Gary