Old 07-05-2005, 11:35 PM
Isaac Wankerl

In article . net,
"g" wrote:

I wrote earlier, but just thought of something else. I had a neighbor once
who allowed poison ivy to grow on his fence -- a hurricane fence, across
the back of my yard. I went over and asked him if he would mind if I kill
the poison ivy, and he responded that he was afraid I would kill his plants
that are near the fence. He was very polite about it, but the answer was,
"No."

I constructed a seven-feet-high redwood fence a foot inside my property
line and, each time poison ivy got on my side of it, I sprayed it with a
weed killer that is absorbed through the leaves, but will not harm any
plant's roots.

Everybody is happy now. Frequently, when I would go out near that
fence I would smell marijuana smoke. Evidently the plants the neighbor
was worried about were marijuana plants, and the poison ivy helped to
conceal them from view from our side.

Oh well. Can't win 'em all.

Ha! I hope he's able to discern between the two plants! I was once the
victim of poison ivy in a campfire and I was covered in a rash
afterwards from the smoke. I can only imagine what inhaling it would do
to someone.

--
Isaac ******l
www.i******l.com