Old 08-05-2005, 01:32 AM
Dwayne

I should have spelled it borer. I am sorry if that baffled you. Most
people have been able to figure it out on their own without having to ask
for help.

Dwayne

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Dwayne wrote:
I recently transplanted all my roses (about 20) into an area where they
would get more sun. One didn't survive. I dug out the stump and found
the
remains of a large Boer that had eaten its way into the roots. I have no
idea what kind it was, or if it was the reason the rose didn't make it,
but
it is a possibility. Could that have been your problem?

It is now over a century since the Boer war petered out, so you
claim some kind of a record for discovering a combatant that didn't
accept the peace conditions. Are you sure that is what you meant?

Yes, I am genuinely baffled.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.