Old 08-05-2005, 05:30 AM
quince

On Sat, 07 May 2005 16:51:11 +0000, Jack wrote:

Hello all.
Zone 5
I have a pie slice shaped yard that is 1/2 acre. The house is almost in the
middle of the slice. The challenge I am having is how to plant on the side
of the yards to create a screen without making the front yard look too
closed in.
URL's to good design sites, and your own experiences would be very helpful.
Both sides get full sun everyday. The wife likes spruce and fir trees.
Thank you.

You don't have to screen the whole yard. Use plants, hardscapes, and
barriers to create usefully shaped outdoor rooms. Perhaps several of
them. It all depends on what you want to use your yard for.