Old 08-05-2005, 06:23 AM
Reel McKoi

"Tom L. La Bron" wrote in message
Reel McKoi,

Fry are very susceptible to temperature variations and they usually don't
stand very low temperatures.

=====================
There was no way to keep those 1/2 barrels warm so I moved all the fry to
two 150 gallon kiddy pools behind the house this afternoon. I added plants
and a lot of greenwater from an old plant propagantion pool (which contains
water fleas). The pools hold a steady temperature a lot better than the
barrels. Most of the fry are at a strange size/age now - too big for egg
yolk and egglayer fines but too small for finger crushed flakes. I hope at
least some survive.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
"Please check people's headers for forgeries before