Old 08-05-2005, 08:44 AM
Broadback

John K wrote:

"Broadback" wrote in message

Anyone know of a good site that will give frost warnings for a
particular area please? I have tried a google with no satisfactory
result. The BBC net forecast does not seem very specific about frost.
Though there was a warning on TV. However I cannot always watch the TV
forecast, so an Internet site would be good.
TIA

You could try the met office site http://www.ukmo.co.uk/ , although its hard
to be precise about local frost, there's a reasonably high risk anytime the
forecast is for air temps less than about 4 (these are 2m temperatures, so
ground will often be lower under clear skies). If you know how to interpret
it, and want a bit more insight (and don't mind a bit of German!), try
http://www2.wetter3.de/animation.html

replies to the given email address will bounce. Please insert the figure "2"
immediately after "news" instead.
Thanks for your cooperation.
John K

Thanks folk, but in defence of the BBC forcast, here in North
Staffordshire they were spot on, we had those heavy showers and hail!