Old 08-05-2005, 10:40 AM
Mike Lyle

Dwayne wrote:
I should have spelled it borer. I am sorry if that baffled you.

Most
people have been able to figure it out on their own without having

ask for help.

Hey, lighten up, Dwayne! Everybody gets teased round here. I wouldn't
dream of doing it myself, of course...(though the next person who's
going hysterical over a dip in his lawn may prove an irresistible
temptation).

As it happens, "borer" isn't in every UK gardener's active
vocabulary, and those who professed bafflement probably _were_
genuinely baffled. I was nowhere near sure that was what you meant
myself, though it is more of an Australian word; we gathered it was
presumably some kind of insect pest, but no clear image emerged. Then
you threw us with the capital letter, and the rest is history.

--
Mike.