Old 08-05-2005, 11:12 AM
Mike Lyle

Alan Gabriel wrote:
"Roger Hembury" wrote [...]
Anybody else have a problem with the local wildlife? The only
visitor I didn't mind was the Sparrowhawk that decided to have a
pidgeon for lunch on our front lawn, as I had never seen one that
close before. It sat there having a munch for about half and hour
which gave me plenty of camcorder footage.

Take the pigeon off the Sparrowhawk and casserole it. Excellent
eating.

Still more OT: Heartbreak department. Every trip to London I have to
ignore perfectly good pheasants by the roadside because of following
traffic. But this week I had to pass up the realisation of a fantasy
cherished for a lifetime: only one car behind me, clear road, and on
the verge an immaculately unmangled deer. But I'm now in a flat, with
absolutely nowhere to do the necessary. I hope you feel my pain.

--
Mike.