Old 08-05-2005, 11:58 AM
Sacha

On 8/5/05 11:55, in article , "Janet
Baraclough" wrote:

The message
from "JennyC" contains these words:

Bloody impossible to get it of wallpaper, clothes etc too!

I cut off the pollen stamens right at their base, as soon as indoor
lilies open in the vase. It's supposed to make the flowers last a few
days longer, and also eliminates pollen-staining .

Janet.

Flower arrangers are supposed to do that and when I did a wedding recently,
we did indeed do that. But because I love the stamens and they look so
dramatic, I did leave them on in the places where nobody was in danger of
brushing against them, e.g. behind the altar rail.
As someone has said, the best way to deal with pollen is to use some sticky
tape asap. Brushing seems only to rub the pollen into the fibres. Mind
you, I doubt the Sellotape method works too well on wall paper!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk