Old 08-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Tex John

"Not Telling" wrote in message

property line? I built and paid for the fence, does your neighbor have

any
rights to the fence, ie: leaning things against it, spraying your plants
with weed killer through the fence,

Ouch, well, if it were WELL inside your property line, you could go the
criminal trespass route, but it is a painful, annoying routine (generally,
the police officers that respond could care less about your pettiness (as
they see it) and as you get more upset, they get less responsive...which, I
guess, compared to responding to a robery, this would be pretty far down the
scale of importances for them). You have to post signs, then warn them at
least once, then call the police...who like I said probably won't care.

If you could document some damages and show receipts for ornamentals his
weed killer killed and receipts for the fence which you document his leaning
against is damaging, plus whatever your hourly wage is, you could take him
to small claims court. It's cheap, the Secretary will give you a preferred
pleadings form for your judge, you get to write a really nasty ten day
demand letter that makes you feel better, and even if you lose, if you
really did document with pictures and receipts, the judge will make sure the
other party at least understands what you are saying. Is pretty cheap and
can really make you feel better :)

Or you could try V's way and give him something nice instead.

Johm