Old 08-05-2005, 05:31 PM
Deb Anderson

Default Miltonia orchid

In the past several years I have rekindled my passion for orchids which
started in the 80's & then stopped due to building a new home, teenagers,
career changes, etc. Now I have cats, phals, & paphs with one miltonia
which is giving me a fit! And I am very pleased to have discovered this
newsgroup.
It is Milt. Virginia Brashear which I purchased several years ago; it has
re-bloomed once, about 3 years ago...& nothing since then. It is in an
unobstructed southern window about 18-24 inches from the glass. The
foliage is medium to light green & I recently re-potted in sphag.moss; it
had been in an orchid bark mix which I thought dried out too quickly. I
don't water until the moss is almost completely dry, which can be 2 weeks
in the winter. I fertilize from spring to fall with orchid food. I love
the pansy like blooms & would love to see it flower again.
What do I need to change in my culture in order to encourage blooming?
Frustrated in northern Illinois...
Regards,
Debbie