Old 08-05-2005, 06:50 PM
BAC

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"pammyT" wrote in message

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message
Drowning is very quick,

how the hell do you figure that out? Drowning is slow and bloody cruel

and
possibly illegal as a method of killling the thing.

it would be dangerous to attempt to get them into a
sack,
as that would require opening the cage, which, if you have ever seen

one
close up,
you would not wish to get that close to.

Ya big wimp. I have been close up to them, in Canada where I fed them

from
my hand every morning, and over here where a rescue sanctuary had one in

large aviary.

Do you also feed the other type of rat, the ones without the furry tails?

Both squirrels and rats are rodents, so in that sense they are related.
However, the belief that some people have about greys being more closely
related to rats than red squirrels is untrue. Both reds and greys belong to
the Aplodontidae family while rats belong to the Muridae (mouse) family. The
name "tree rat" has arisen because in some people's minds they cause a
nuisance comparable to that of rats. Squirrels do not carry the potentially
dangerous diseases that rats may.